Thursday, July 22, 2010

June Bug

Part of living in this beautiful warm climate in British Columbia is seeing the Giant BUGS that I've never seen before being a girl from Alberta.

The other day my daughter was talking about wanting to catch a bug in her bug catcher. I was uninterested as I don't really like bugs. What Adult does really? They are hairy and ugly. The very next day we found this June Beetle. It's actually really cool. We were out in our backyard and heard this hissing noise. Actually our dog Roxy found the June beetle and had it surrounded. We quickly snatched it up into the bug box so we could examine it.

Here's what it looks like:

Finding this bug was so cool. Then we decided to do some research on this beetle to find out more. What a cool little summer project.
 
Here is a spider that we found. Can you see her face??


This is a caterpillar....I didn't know they had fangs.



No comments:

Post a Comment